Bridge pose helps enhance the alertness of your mind, body and soul. It not only helps strengthen your back but also improves your flexibility and opens up your chest thus improving your respiratory system.
The posture is quite simple unlike many other yoga poses as it requires you to lie down on your back in a straight posture. Now place your feet on the ground and bend your knees.
Your hands should not be touching your feet or your knees. It is advised to maintain a distance between your hips in order to give your body some space to stretch.
Now gradually lift yourself and your hips in an upward direction with your arms and feet placed on the ground. If you are unable to balance yourself in this position then you can place your arms behind your back. Hold yourself in this position for at least 5 – 10 breaths.
Benefits of Bridge Pose
Yoga postures are designed to improve various health related problems without relying on heavy dosage of medications. There are various benefits of carrying out a bridge pose. They are as follows:
- Bridge pose helps in stretching your chest, spine, hips and neck.
- It provides strength to the muscles in your back, hamstrings and buttocks.
- People who have poor circulation of blood in their body can also try out this pose to improve circulation.
- It helps prevent problems like stress and depression that can lead to serious health related conditions like heart disease etc.
- Bridge pose is the perfect yoga posture if you are looking for something that can help you in calming your nervous system.
- It can deal with minor problems like backache, headache, indigestion, fatigue, insomnia and anxiety etc.
- Females can try out this pose to get rid of all the symptoms that are linked with menopause.