Bikram Yoga | Forward Bend | The Half Moon Series 1
There are 3 poses in the Half Moon series of Bikram Yoga – and today we explore the “Forward Bend”.
Forward bend pose is a yoga posture designed specifically to soothe your mind and strengthen your muscles. The posture requires you to bend in a forward direction but by using your hip joints rather than your waist. The knees should be placed in straight manner with your hands placed on your ankles. The posture is not at all easy as it looks and therefore one might need a lot of practice in order to carry it out successfully.
Just like every other yoga posture, forward bend pose also has a lot of benefits that can have a positive impact on the health and well-being of every individual.
Benefits of Forward Bend Pose
- The most important benefit of forward bend pose is that it teaches your body how to stretch to your maximum potential. Stretching helps strengthen the calves, hips and hamstrings.
- As the entire body weight is on your thighs and knees, therefore; it helps in strengthening them as well.
- The spine becomes way more strong and flexible as it was before.
- Practicing and carrying out different yoga posture helps prevent anxiety, stress and depression. It promotes positivity amongst every individual as it has a very calming and soothing impact on the brain.
- People who have serious problems like indigestion and constipation can get relief from it by incorporating the forward bend yoga pose in their daily life.
- It also helps ease out symptoms that are linked to menstrual cycle, menopause, asthma, insomnia and migraine.
- Moreover, it helps activate and strengthen the abdominal muscles thus minimizing the chances of any sort of abdominal pain.
Forward bend pose is very beneficial as it has a positive impact on your body. It can make you feel energetic and focused as it will calm your mind by getting it rid of any negative thoughts and feelings.